Nov 23, 2018

Tim Holtz Yuletide Santa and Carved Christmas Cards


Hello friends!  It's "Black Friday" in the US and I hate even the sound of it!  LOL!  We have a long standing tradition of eating Thanksgiving leftovers and making Christmas cards on this day.  I thought I'd share some more cards from my Boxed Gift Cards Tutorial post HERE, just in case you want to use this day for a card marathon of your own.  This is the other design I came up with for my watercolored Santas from the new Tim Holtz Yuletide stamp set


I used last year's Christmas Paper Stash and the Juniper punch on Distress Kraft Core'dinations cardstock.  I seriously LOVE using punches for Christmas greens.  Tim, please make a few more!  The berries are from the Festive Greens dies.


The stitched oval die and sentiment have a little Crushed Olive Distress Ink added to bring in some green (thanks for this great idea Bonnie!)  The sentiment is from the Great Outdoors stamp set.


I have wanted to CASE these gorgeous cards by Jan Hobbins she posted HERE for ages.  I wanted to make my cards small and relatively flat to fit my mission.  I used the Juniper punch and Mini Holiday Greens die for the sprig.  I pounced a bit of gesso on them to mimic snow.  The bow is from the Funky Festive set and the little flower over the bow is from the Festive Greens set.  I stamped the toboggan from the Carved Christmas #1 stamp set in a super juicy Fired Brick Distress Ink pad, choosing not to fussy cut as Jan had so beautifully done.  I hope I've given you some ideas for some simple mailable cards for your friends and family today.


Make sure to check out my boxed giftcards tutorial post HERE.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

7 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Lovely cards Autumn, and I love your wee die cuts/punch outs that have made them festive but not bulky for posting.
Blessings
Maxine

Helen Wallace said...

I'm following your boxed card projects with great interest, as they are inspiring may own card making here. Especially like the use of tartan on the second card and that gorgeous floral background paper on the Santa cards. Fabulous creating. x

Linda Kunsman said...

these are absolutely delightful cards and fabulous designs Autumn!!

Kate Yetter said...

Oh my goodness! So many pretties. The plaid and Father Christmas give me all the holiday feels.
Kate

Curtains in My Tree said...


I really like the look of the perfect Tim Holtz cards and these are wonderful, however I like the recycle made from vintage papers cards also,seems I do these more.
The Santa card is wonderful

sarascloset said...

Two stunning sets of cards, Autumn! You are certainly giving me lots of inspiration! Hugs!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Gorgeous.. Both of them.

Popular Posts