Sep 8, 2015

Vintage Stamped Card & Studio Peek

card 1
 Happy day after Labor Day and what a fun and exciting weekend it was for this crafty girl.  We have recently had a roof leak, but our sorrow has been turned into joy when we found out that the insurance would replace the drywall in our ceiling and paint the ceiling and walls afresh!  I have chosen a robins egg blue for the living room and an earthy grey for the kitchen to go with our white cabinetry.  I had a ton of work to accomplish this weekend - cleaning, taking down all of my art, patching nail holes, etc.  WHEW!  But the Lord was with me and gave me strength to accomplish it all and more.  I managed to clean and organize my studio and hang some shelves for my stamps.  I love looking at them and have wanted to keep them out, but also wanted to get them off the table so I could start a new painting for the living room.
studio 1
 The shelves came in a 2-pack from Target and fit three tows of stamps. :)  The easel is usually for my Kindle to watch Netflix.
studio 2
 One wall is striped and the others all white.  My space is 9'x8' at the most.  So TINY!!!  So every single inch has to work.  This entire space was done with an extremely small budget, and has evolved over many years.
studio 3
 The light was pouring in the window so it was hard to get good pics, but it is a bright happy space.  The tiered tray is a recent find from Sam's Club for $20.
studio 4
 Here's a better shot of the striped accent wall.  The sheer curtains are gauzy and have viney flowers all over that appear to be bleached out.  They are a second hand score and came originally from the Company Store.
studio 5
I did some moving and rearranging of this cabinet too to bring my paints closer and have a little ledge for display of some current cards, including this one...
card 2
 Next week will be the 200th post celebration at Word Art Wednesday and I cannot wait!  I love using these scripture printables in my card making.  For this one I added a beautiful handmade yoyo that a friend gave me, and a sweet little Penny Black butterfly.  The branch is a Tim Holtz die sponged with Vintage Photo.
card 3
 The butterfly and scripture are colored with Bundled Sage Distress Ink.
card 4
I'm adding this card to WAW for their challenge #199 HERE, to Really Reasonable Ribbon for their Things with Wings and Ribbon challenge HERE, and to Penny Black Allsorts for their Anything Goes challenge HERE.  Thank God everything He does is wonderful!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

You have a lovely are to craft and a great array of stamps, paper and paint. The elements on your card are just so lovely to my eyes. I hope to see you at our 200th challenge. Thank you so much for taking time to post your very creative art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday, in our 199th challenge.
Blessings and Hugs, Carole

Pawsitively Creative said...

I was thinking of stamps this weekend as well, and actually have shelves for my collection! Hehe! Your art space is wonderful and so organized dearie. This card is awesome sauce and the colors are lovely! Wonderful design. Hope your weather has improved. ~Niki

Karen Letchworth said...

This is absolutely GORGEOUS! Thanks so much for sharing your art with us this week, and please be sure to stop by again this week for our BIG celebration on our 200th challenge. It's gonna be great, and I don't want you to miss it. I absolutely love having you play along with us, and appreciate your participation SO much. May God bless your week, and I hope to see you join us again real soon.
Blessings,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Unknown said...

Congratulations, you now have something else for your sweet craft room. You won out 199th challenge at WAW. Please contact Karen. Blessings Carole

brenda said...

A really beautiful creation and such a wonderful psalm quotation.

Many thanks for joining in at Penny Black and More challenge this month.

B x

Gloria Shirr (purpleglo) said...

Gorgeous card Autumn! Congrats on your win of the fabulous CTMH stamp set. I have it ready as soon as you contact Karen with your address. I know you will give it a good home. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

I am your newest follower and would love to have you follow my blog also. I am having a blog celebration; with lots of prizes. I would love for you to join my celebration. Join as a follower (if not already), comment and add your blog link to Mr. Linky. Hugs, Gloria

http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

CherylQuilts said...

Congratulations, Autumn, on winning the WAW prize! So delighted for you! What a beautiful card with this great Scripture verse, and I love the vintage feel of your card with the beautiful butterfly and flower! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

this is so pretty and i love the distressing! thank you so much for playing along with us at penny black and more.
linda

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

I'm so glad that your disaster turned into a blessing! Your crafty area is lovely....as is your card! I love that ribbon yo yo paired with the butterfly! Thanks for joining us at the Things With Wings Challenge at Really Reasonable Ribbon.

Unknown said...

Very pretty. I love your ribbon flower.

Thanks for playing along with Really Reasonable Ribbon. Hope to see you again next time.
Jenn
DT

Popular Posts