Oct 5, 2015

Grace Fall Leaf Bundle Distressed Vintage Card

card 1
Yesterday was so dreary and the fall chill (and pile of beautiful papers left on my table from the fall Coffee Lovers Bloghop) were calling me.  I picked up this awesome new adhesive glittered ribbon on clearance at AC Moore and really wanted to use it on a fall card.  The stripes across the week 1 Viva la Verve sketch seemed a perfect fit.  Now, this card would be so beautiful if I did the sentiment in TH's new foils, but the stores were closed and I just went with it, but can you imagine?  I tried embossing it in brown glitter, but you couldn't read the words in this thin lined sentiment...  
window view
So funny that it really feels like fall and none of the leaves have turned...
sketch
Anyway, I thought about waiting on my new Verve stamps to arrive, but decided that I love this Grace stamp so much and it would fit beautifully.  I punched one of the leaves from the ribbon and the others from scrap CS, then sponged the edges lightly and mounted in a bundle.
card 2
I used the end of an awl to curl the papers like this, something I picked up from flower making.  Similarly, you could use a toothpick or the end of a thin paint brush.  I love those curls and tears!
card 3
I'm sharing today with VLV for the October (OMG!  Can't believe it's October!) Week 1 challenge HERE, with SSS Wednesday for their Anything Goes challenge HERE, with SSS Monday for their Autumn is in the Air challenge HERE, and to Stamping Sensations for their Colours of Autumn challenge HERE.  Thanks for your visit!

10 comments:

brenda said...

A lovely Autumnal creation and lots of lovely dimension with the layers and leaves, perfect for our theme Autumn, many thanks for joining in at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is fabulously distressed and so very lovely! Thanks for playing along with Viva la Verve!

Caryn said...

Stunning project - love the colours.
Thanks for joining in this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Nessa's Crafty Place said...

Hi :) This is so pretty-I love your layers and distressing-beautiful project :)
Nessa xxx

Tonya said...

Your card is beautiful and I love the sentiment! Wonderfully done!

Lee-Anne said...

One of my favorite Verve sentiments, Autumn! Fabulous mixed of papers and textures!

Lynne K said...

So pretty! I love all the texture, the gorgeous colours and the touch of glitter. Thank you for sharing your beautiful card with us at Stamping Sensations.

Lynne

Lisa Lynn said...

Your card is gorgeous. Love those leaves.

Mimi said...

I love the leaf pile so much! Great card.

Emma Williams said...

What a beautiful autumnal card, it's gorgeous and I love the rustic feel of the project! Thank you so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! :)

Popular Posts