Aug 21, 2019

Stamp Stencil and Die Sets by Wendy Vecchi for Ranger


Hi guys!  I'm back sharing a few more makes with the new Wendy Vecchi Stamp, Stencil and Die sets by Ranger Ink.  I shared a fun video using Wendy's Make Art Blendable Dye Ink Pads on Instagram HERE.  This shows how I made the background below and many others in just a couple of minutes...


I decided later to see how I could take that background a step further and created a new technique I'll call double inking with embossing folders and shared those steps in a quick video on Instagram HERE.


See how the embossed Tim Holtz frame is lighter along the edges, but the colors line up?  Perfectly framing the blossom from the Country Flowers set.  The stem comes from the Flowers Say It All set.  The sentiment is from the A Million Thanks set.  These sets are perfectly interchangeable! 


The technique was so much fun to do and I can't wait to try it again!  Also I can't wait to see how you will adapt this technique with your own spin.  Leave me a link in the comments.  :)


For another of the backgrounds I shared in the video, I decided to do some simple stamping with the Flower Pot set.  I am crazy over the greenery in this set and want to make a card to showcase each element!  Never enough time, right?


To add drama, I used my waterbrush to paint more Potted Soil on the image.  Remember, you can always layer your inks.  Keep playing until you are happy...  Here is the before.


Thanks friends and have a great day!  Hugs, Autumn

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

5 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fun technique Ardyth - I must give it a whirl and see how it works for me :) - Loving your card - that is really dreamy, the first one, and the second one is lovely with the pot and grasses
Blessings
Maxine

Betty4 said...

Your creations are just perfect. I love those sets! Wendy needs to design more!

Helen Gullett said...

They are fantastic, Autumn. Love all the blended colors.

Words and Pictures said...

It'll be no surprise that I love the colours of these cards, and the gentle nature themes. It's a lovely effect with the extra inking on the embossed areas. Beautiful work.
Alison x

sarascloset said...

Beautiful natural cards! I so love those colors and the gorgeous blending you've done! Great flat cards, too, so easily mailed! Need to check out your techniques; you've reminded me I have a drawer full of embossing folders I need to use! Hugs!

Popular Posts