Jun 19, 2015

Acey Deucy Sister Tags Tutorial Part 2

As promised, today I am sharing the tutorial for my Acey Deucy sister tag number 2.  If you missed the first tag, click HERE.  There you'll see how I created the embossed textured paper.  
This go round I inked my background with Aged Mahogany, Rusty Hinge, and Vintage Photo Distress Inks.  I stamped the ticket (7Gypsies) in Rusty Hinge.  I layered some torn book page and washi tape, then stamped a border stamp by Basic Grey on the right.  I stamped the girl (Acey Deucy) on a mini tag and loved how it looked with a light sponging of ink, but the composition needed something, so I decided to give her an arm by using my Character Constructions doll parts stamp.  I attached it with a flower brad by Tim Holtz.  Then I decided to place a flower in her hair.  
At this point she became "Tilly", as she was getting ready for a grand ball!  So I added the pin, which reminded me of a masquerade mask.  I picked up this lapel pin years ago at the Salvation Army in TX.  Next I added some crackle stamping along the top of the tag.
And finally some vintage seam binding and crocheted trim finished her off.
I just love the dimension!  I stamped the words "Fly Away" to complete the theme.  I can't wait to make a complete paper doll using these stamps.  So glad you joined me today!

1 comment:

Linda Manning Findley said...

great sister tag ... the embossed paper ties them together so well ..

Popular Posts