Jun 30, 2015

Butterfly Wings Card for Penny Black June 2015 Challenge

Card1
 My butterfly wings card for the June 2015 Penny Black Wings Challenge (HERE) came together quite nicely with the K&Co. butterfly paper and Martha Stewart punches.  I was going to use a different Penny Black stamp (and not this one by Stampin' Up!), but had left it at my Mother's!  Bummer!  But the deadline was today and I went ahead with it.
Card2
 I curled the butterfly wings with my bone folder, a flower making technique that I've found to work great with making cut out images stand out.
card3
 I colored the butterfly with markers and a watercolor wash.
card4
 These punch sets are great!  I found the entire set for $6 at my local Tuesday Morning.  WOW!  I'm really enjoying them.  The package comes with measurements for creating a seamless edge, like I've done here.
card5
Penny Black have been a favorite stamp company of mine for many years.  I particularly love their solid stamps and use them with markers and a fine mist to create a watercolor effect.  Thanks for visiting and wish me luck!  I would love to win some of their new designs.  :)

3 comments:

brenda said...

Such a very elegant card with a beautiful focal butterfly.

Thanks so much for sharing with us at Penny Black and More challenge.

B x

Nancy Briges said...

I am going to share this one with Claudia. I know she will love it!

Tracy said...

Fab creation, thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Popular Posts