Aug 26, 2015

Happy Birthday Stamped Card with SU Stamps and Paper Flowers

card 1
I have been wanting to make a Cardabilities sketch card for a while, and finally took the plunge and made this Stampin' Up! happy birthday card.  These sketches always have tons of flowers incorporated, so after making all those DIY paper flowers for the tutorial I posted HERE, I decided I was ready to whip out one of these designs!
cardabilities sketch
This is a double layered flower using the skinny petaled die from the Tattered Florals die.  I layered with some SU! stamping, a strip of the end paper, and a deconstructed doily.  
 card 3
I finished it off with a Tattered Leaf and mounted to a black card.  I really liked the black as a background, made this such a moody card.  I resisted the urge to distress these papers, and am glad I did.  I like the modern look with this shabby paper.  
card 2
 I'm linking up to the Cardabilities lineup #129 HERE.

5 comments:

yyam said...

This is pretty!

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a pretty card! Gorgeous blossom and pretty patterned paper!

Helen Gullett said...

What a beautiful card. Great take on the sketch challenge :) I love the paper background and the sentiment, the flower is gorgeous!

coldwaters2 said...

Beautiful card such wonderful colours and amazing design love it.
hugs
lorraine x

Kristína Székelyová said...

Very pretty card! Great work with our sketch ;) Thank you for playing along with us at Cardabilities ;)

Popular Posts