Sep 4, 2015

Fall is When Nature Turns to Gold Stamped Card

card 1
 This stamp, Fall is When Nature Turns to Gold, was the perfect fit for the Frilly and Funkie A Touch of Gold Challenge.  Not too long ago I came across this amazing blog, Hands to Work Hearts to Love, and saw THIS card.  Linda mentioned how she wished she had more of these lovely fall flowers and I decided to post the DIY Fall Paper Flower Embellishments post HERE.  I didn't get the color I wanted on those, so I went to Hobby Lobby and picked up three sheets different shades of rust, orange, and gold paper and had a second playday making fall flowers.
card 2
 For this flower I first stamped the dies with a script stamp.  Next I spritzed them with water, then pinched together the tips of each petal and curled them under.  After they were dry, I layered them and attached a DIY Button Brad.
card 3
 Linda's tag pocket cards are truly amazing and I just had to make my own.  Thanks Linda for sharing this wonderful idea.  I would buy all of your cards on Etsy if I could!
card 4
 I layered my bundle of Stampers Anonymous leaves and pumpkin colored twine up, from HL, under the flower.  I chose this lovely Authentique paper because I liked the way the design was all in the corner.
card 5
 I really liked the three different colors layered together for this flower.
card 6
I made all of these flowers and more with those three sheets of 12x12 paper.  I shared a bunch with my mom.  My favorites are in the middle with the Tattered Florals die.  I curled each petal around a thin paintbrush handle.  Hope you are inspired to create some embellishments for your fall crafts today.  
flowers
I'm linking up to the Frilly and Funkie A Touch of Gold Challenge HERE.

7 comments:

Deb said...

Gorgeous card and wonderful flowers, off to take a peek at your tutorial. Thanks for sharing and good luck in the Frilly and Funkie challenge! Deb xo

Mary Brack said...

This card makes me want the leaves to turn NOW! Beautiful card, Autumn!

Stephanie said...

This is so beautiful!!!

Nancy Dynes said...

Such a beautiful autumn card and gorgeous flowers! Thank you so much for joining us at the Frilly and Funkie Challenge!!
Hugs,
Nancy

craftytrog said...

A stunning card, and those flowers are beautiful Autumn! xx

Karen Dunbrook said...

so pretty...love the warm colours....

Jenny Marples said...

Loving those flowers so much! Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

Popular Posts