Jan 30, 2018

Distress Ink and Oxide Techniques with PaperArtsy and Simon Says Stamp


What an incredibly busy holiday season/New Year it has been for me!  Adding our little anniversary adventure and basketball season and well, quite frankly I've been spinning!  :)  I have been so anxious to sit in my studio and make some projects just for fun, with no DT commitment in mind.  The current challenge at Simon Says Stamp was just the prompt I needed, as the embossing resist technique is one of my all time favorites.  I simply cannot get enough of the new PaperArtsy E³ {Scrapcosy} stamp sets.  I've used images from all three sets (ESC010), (ESC011) and (ESC012) as well as stencil 093 and 095 for this nautical / sea inspired tag.


I embossed two of the fishes and did a good dipping of with my watercolor tag in Twisted Citron, Cracked Pistachio and Blueprint Sketch to get the color variations.  I went back in and sponged the same colors for a more vibrant effect.  I used the circles from stencil 095 and spritzed water over the openings, let the water sit for about 30 seconds, then lifted the color with a baby wipe.  This created a beautiful light pattern on my tag.


Next I layered stencil 093 onto my tag and sponged heavily with Blueprint Sketch.  The embossed fish resisted the ink and this made such great depth.


I embossed my stamped Blueprint Sketch octopus with clear EP over a second inky panel, then fussy cut.


I layered him over a Tim Holtz Mixed Media thinlet die, some gauzy cheesecloth and a bundle of thread.  I gave everything a splash of watery gesso.


I used these amazing Verve Stamps dies to make some foliage along the bottom of the tag then mixed Art Stones with Mod Podge and to complete my ocean floor.


I hope you like this tag, made just for fun, for the sheer love of stamping!  :)


Next stop was to play with my Distress Oxides for a quickie make for the current Simon Says Stamp Flickr challenge, Friendship.  The background panel was a mop up from another project using Fossilized Amber DOX.  I stamped the SSS Emma Background stamp in Fired Brick DO over it and spritzed with water both before stamping and after to maximize the oxidization.  I die cut Tim Holtz Friendship dies and layered with Metallic Kraft Core.


I added a few sequins that I won from the sweet Esther of Shoregirl's Creations.  Thanks Esther!  I think I will become addicted to this background stamp too!  It's a 6x6 circle and here I only stamped half of it.  So many alternative uses, including embossing resist.  :)  I'm sure you will be seeing that soon as well.  Thanks for visiting today!


I'm sharing my tag with:

I'm sharing my card with:

17 comments:

Lisa said...

These are both absolutely stunning, Autumn!! I love the gorgeous under the sea tag!! The card is so elegant and beautiful!! I love the designs and colors of both!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Candy C said...

Autumn...these are stunning! LOVE the colors you've chosen to use on both of these. Lots and lots of layers and texture! WOW!

Janny's Cards Creations said...

These cards are really great. I looked around for a moment. What many beautiful creations are on your blog. I am now a follower. Greetings Janny

Nora Noll said...

What a nice tag you created!! LOVE all the fun layers and techniques you used!! The card is so cool!! I like the colors you used together!!

Redanne said...

Both cards are beautiful but I am particularly drawn to the underwater scene, the colours are gorgeous and I think I am in love with the octopus! Hugs, Anne xx

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

A very beautiful design Autumn

Thank you for joining our challenge at CCM

Happy crafting

June/DT

Jackie PN said...

Autumn!! You have the new Oxides?? I am soooo jelli! Mine are on order and I will wait patiently...I will try and wait patiently...i will really , try and wait ...OMGosh! I can't wait! LOL

Anyway, Your tag is delicious! Great color choices and cool as heck stamping! Love your layering!!
Thanks for sharing my friend!
Jackie xo

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Such a great feeling to have a play free from deadlines and end projects. Your creativity has shone through as always with your fabulous makes. Especially love your scrapcosy tag.. I must get my hands on that stencil!! Hugs Tracey xx

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

The blueprint sketch looks soooo good with the pistacio! I need to remember that. Love your tag and it is such a freedom to create with no commitment in mind. I love your card too and it gives me an idea for a card. I hope I remember to do it! Have a great night!

Kate Yetter said...

Beautiful Autumn! Your tag is a lovely mixture of brights and textures.
Kate

Margaret Mifsud said...

Both your card and tag are stunning Autumn! The colours on the tag are gorgeous but I really love the colours on the card! That background stamp is amazing and you've put it to great use here!! Can't wait to see you do the emboss resist with it!! Will look just as awesome!! Thank you for playing along at Crafty Cardmakers! Have a fabulous day! hugs xx

kiwimeskreations said...

alove love loe your tag Autumn, and the card is a stunner too. How wonderful to be able to stop and 'play'.
Blessings
Maxine

Creaine said...

Looks great! Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage. Good luck.
Bye, Groetjes van Ine (DT)
http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/

Helen Wallace said...

Beautiful projects Autumn. It's always a delight to call in to your blog when I'm in need of inspiration. Especially love the blue/green tag with that cheeky octopus.

Kath Stewart said...

what a beautiful underwater scene you created Autumn and I can see why youlove those stamps so much, thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, hugs kath xxx

cohenna said...

Beautiful! Thanks so much for participating in Creative Craft Cottage this time and good luck :)

Kelly said...

Both of these are beautiful! I love the sea theme... just stunning use of the colors. Anyone would be blessed to receive your friend card. Creative Blessings!

Popular Posts