Feb 14, 2023

Art by Marlene Crazy Bird Valentine Spinner Cards

 

Happy Valentine's Day my lovely friends and followers!  I have a few fun Valentines to share with you today featuring super fun Art by Marlene Stamps.  I made these cards during a play date with my mom and we picked the adorable owl stamp from Marlene's Back to Nature Collection Crazy Birds stamp set (ABM-BTN-STAMP147) as our focal image.  We made inky backgrounds using Marlene's Mixed Up Collection Deco Envy stamp (ABM-MUC-STAMP289) and cut windows in each panel.  Two of the cards feature heart spinner cutouts.  Two hearts were attached to a string to form a sandwich, then the string was glued and taped taut between the card panel and background (both with a heart shaped cutout opening).  The heart is spun tight and when the card opens it spins around!  You can see that in action on my Instagram page @sewpaperpaint.  



I did a blue version with a circle cutout, which I turned into a shaker.  The little bunting comes from Marlene's Zig Zag Journal cutting dies (ABM-MUC-CD417).  The friendship and be mine stamps were old in my stash.  I used Distress Ink in Peacock Feathers, Chipped Sapphire and Blueprint Sketch for this card.


And I used Distress Ink in Picked Raspberry, Seedless Preserves and Shaded Lilac (Oxide) for this one and the first and my brush markers for detail work on coloring the owls.  I hope these cards inspire you today!  Happy Valentine's my friends!  xx, Autumn




1 comment:

kiwimeskreations said...

Love these Autumn - and how wonderful to be able to craft with your mother!!
You have used the Art by Marlene stamps fabulously, and I had a great smile at these fun cards
Blessings
Maxine

Popular Posts