Feb 20, 2023

Distress Ink Blends with Studio Light Silhouette Stamps

 

Hi friends!  Today I have several new cards to share with you using a variety of Distress Ink blends, all featuring the gorgeous new Essentials Silhouette stamp collection by Studio Light.  For this first card I used the Dried Twigs stamps (SL-ES-STAMP382) in black permanent ink over a blend of Wild Honey, Rusty Hinge and Walnut Stain.  


I used the new Studio Light Dots Background stamp (SL-ES-STAMP370) to add interest around the perimeter and finished with a sticker from the new Essential Stickers pack (SL-ES-STIC06).



For my next card I achieved a really unusual effect, which I hope to experiment with further!  First I embossed the flower in the Butterfly Silhouette stamp (SL-ES-STAMP384) in blue.  Then I worked on my ink blend using Peacock Feathers, Chipped Sapphire and Seedless Preserves.  I stamped the twig from  the Dried Twigs stamps (SL-ES-STAMP382) in Seedless Preserves.  Then I gave a heavy splash of water, but it made my panel look polka dotted!  Not a good look on this particular card.  After all of that work, I wanted to salvage the card.  So I sprayed the entire panel heavily with water and blotted with a piece of paper.  


The result was this beautiful, ethereal look, similar to watercolor.  I was really happy to save the piece!  I added a dreamy Sticker sentiment and adhered some of the new Studio Light Shaker Sequins (SL-ES-SHAKE07) for texture along the top.  



I was hoping to give you guys plenty of color combos and stamping options for these gorgeous Silhouettes, so for my next card I embossed the Little Flowers stamp (SL-ES-STAMP381) in white and blended my inks in a more circular motion to resemble a sunset.  I used Scattered Straw, Spun Sugar and Tumbled Glass, with a tiny hint of Peacock Feathers along the top edges.  I used the heart from the Floral Heart Frame cutting dies (SL-ES-CD465) to pop up a portion of the background and finished with more of those gorgeous Stickers.  



For my final card I created a blend with Shaded Lilac, Stormy Skies and Hickory Smoke.  I added lots of small splashes of the same inks, watered down.  I stamped the butterfly from the Spring Silhouette stamps (SL-ES-STAMP383) at the top and watercolored it to match the background.  I stamped the Little Flowers stamp (SL-ES-STAMP381) along the bottom, highlighting with a Posca paint pen.  I finished by embossing a sentiment from the Bubbly stamp set (BL-ES-STAMP356) in white on black card and adding some of Jenine's Mindful Art adhesive pearls.  I really hope these cards have inspired you today and you'll check out this fabulous new collection of Silhouette stamps!  xx, Autumn









3 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Stunning cards, Autumn. Have a great week, hugs, Valerie

kiwimeskreations said...

These are amazing Autumn - loving all your blending, but what really took my eye were the white highlights -= they are stunning and add just so much to the images
Blessings
Maxine

Gloria L said...

Love the idea of a diecut as part of the background

Popular Posts