Feb 9, 2023

Studio Light Blooming Butterflies and Text Background Stamps

 

Hello friends!  I'm back today with a couple of cards using the gorgeous new Blooming Butterfly stamp sets by Studio Light.  I had so much fun getting inky with these stamps!  For my first card, I went in a grungy direction and used the Anemone Butterfly set (SL-BB-STAMP359).  I stamped the flowers twice to make a larger section on which to layer the gorgeous butterfly over a bundle of thread.  


I used Distress Inks in Scattered Straw, Tea Stain and Victorian Velvet for the background.  I stamped the gorgeous new Spring silhouette stamp (SL-ES-STAMP383) around the edges of the card in coordinating Distress Inks, then added the new Text Background stamp (SL-ES-STAMP369) in black.  For this stamp, I didn't add it to an acrylic block so I could bend it to get good partial stamping where I wanted.  I added additional color to the flowers with markers and a white paint pen and finished the card with a sticker sentiment from the new Studio Light Essentials Stickers (SL-ES-STIC06).  These stickers are such fun!  To make my flowers and card border pop and add some grunge, I outlined everything in watery Black Soot Distress Ink.  I was really pleased with this color combo and hope it inspires you too!



For my next project, I created a tag using the Art By Marlene Marlene's World Collection Layered Tag Journal (JOURNALBM14) paper tag as mu substrate.  Marlene's tags are super sturdy and make great surfaces to get inky with.  I used Studio Light Texture Paste through the Blooming Butterflies Stencil/Mask (SL-BB-MASK169), then dipped the panel in Saltwater Taffy, Abandoned Coral and Seedless Preserves Distress Ink.  


I embossed the stems from the Birthday Butterfly stamp set (SL-BB-STAMP360) in white, which adhered to the texture paste and enhanced the contrast.  I then stamped and colored the flowers and butterfly, fussy cutting and layering them with die cuts from the Blooming Flowers die cut set (SL-BB-CD485).  


I finished by tying string around some sari ribbon at the top and stamping the coordinating sentiment along the tab of the tag.  I hope these projects show just how versatile these beautiful, delicate stamp sets can be: from grunge to romantic, they will stamp beautifully however you may choose to use them! xx, Autumn





3 comments:

Mrs A. said...

I love the dreamy colours you have used here on your pretty card. I am trying so hard this year to not buy anymore stamps just the essential items needed to craft with. This stamp has just gone to the top of my essentials list!!!! I am so bad. hugs Mrs A.

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh how gorgeous Autumn - love your use of colour and texture on these beautiful creations
Blessings
Maxine

Cindy Groh said...

I really like the tag. The colors are speaking to me.

Popular Posts