Mar 24, 2023

Studio Light Floral Butterfly Stamped Card and Altered Envelope


Happy spring friends!  It's butterfly bliss in my neck of the world with the gorgeous spring Studio Light Grunge Collection.  I have had just so much fun playing with these new stamps, as you've seen from my previous posts.  Today I have two very different projects to share with you.  First, a CAS square card featuring the new Floral Butterfly stamp (SL-GR-STAMP402).  Isn't this stamp gorgeous!  I used Distress Inks to watercolor the image (Peacock Feathers, Evergreen Bough, Wilted Violet, Picked Raspberry, Antique Linen and Squeezed Lemonade).  I finished with a sentiment by Jenine's Mindful Art (JMA-ES-STAMP340).



For my next project, I made an envelope from an older Grunge Cutting Dies set.  On the front, I used the Butterflies stamp (SL-GR-STAMP399) as the focal image and filled in with stamps from the Spring Crafts set (SL-GR-STAMP398).  I particularly like the line sentiment stamped to add a baseline for the handwritten address.  


I watercolored the imagery and used my Studio Light ink blending brushes to add Aged Mahogany, Peeled Paint, Vintage Photo and Fossilized Amber.  I flecked with water to add some texture.  


The envelope die is so cool!  It has these great rings for a closure.  I attached brads and some twine.  


For the back, I used the Floral Butterfly stamp (SL-GR-STAMP402) and added in some Shaded Lilac Distress Ink, for an unusual pop of color.  I'm hoping this happy mail will make someone I know smile.  It had so much fun making these projects and hope they've inspired you today.  xx, Autumn


Spring 2023 Studio Light Grunge Collection






3 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh my goodness Autumn, this is stunning - loving both the card and the matching envelope - these are exquisite. Fabulous colours and colouring of the stamping
Blessings
Maxine

bolletjelucky.blogspot.com said...

Wauw you've made beautiful creations with those stamps. I love your choise of colors.
Greetings Miranda

Mrs A. said...

So pretty. Love each and every one of your cards shown here. I'm jealous that you have this set. Can't find here yet. Hugs Mrs A.

Popular Posts