Mar 14, 2023

Studio Light Spring Grunge Stamp Release Daffodil Cards

Hi friends!  I'm so excited that the brand new Grunge collection by Studio Light has landed at my door!  I spent the weekend getting lost in creativity and what fun I had!  For this post, I've focused on the Daffodil Flowers stamp (SL-GR-STAMP396).  These flowers have just bloomed in South Carolina and are a sure sign the seasons are changing!  I started by using the stamp true to its design and made a slimline card.   

I used an older set of Studio Light Cutting Dies (SL-GR-CD346).  I scored a piece of white card in half and used the new Studio Light Stencil Tape (SL-ES-STTA01) to hold the largest die in place in my cutting machine.  I edged one side just over the score line so I ended up with a folded, decorative edge card.  This tape is a low tack tape and works great for die cutting and stenciling.  I wasn't sure the die would cut both layers of card, but I angled the die into the cutting pressure and it worked just fine!  


I cut the smaller layer for my focal panel and stamped the Daffodils and watercolored them with markers and Distress Inks, adding some of Studio Light's 3D Gloss Gel (SL-ES-3DGL01) to create water droplets of "melting snow".  Such fun, though hard to photograph!  I finished with a sentiment by Jenine's Mindful Art ( JMA-ES-STAMP340).  



Once I had used the stamp "as is", it was time to dissect it!  I realized I could cut away the background and have one big beautiful daffodil.  I tried out one of the new coordinating masks for an alternative background, using Dots Circle (SL-GR-MASK181).  I first dipped my Bristol panel into watery Antique Linen Distress Ink, then used Shaded Lilac and Seedless Grape through the stencil to add a color pop.  I added my daffodil, colored with Peeled Paint and Fossilized Amber Distress Inks.  


I stamped the Essentials Grid Background stamp (SL-ES-STAMP371) inside of the purple dotty circle and again on the edges of the card in Vintage Photo, then stamped some of the gorgeous new Flowers & Butterflies (SL-GR-STAMP397)pieces, using the butterfly to make a faux postage stamp using postal edged scissors.  I used the sentiment line that reads, "just craft away and make something new" to edge the card panel.  This is from Spring Crafts stamp set (SL-GR-STAMP398).  I adore this little word/stitching stamp!  


For a little extra dimension, I sandwiched some dyed cheesecloth between my background and daffodil.  



For my final card, I went slightly more orange with my daffodil, coloring in a combo of Scattered Straw and Spiced Marmalade.  I used Peacock Feathers and Mowed Lawn for the stem.  For my background, I first dipped my panel into a light watery dip of Spiced Marmalade.  Then I sponged over the new Floral Grid Mask (SL-GR-MASK179) with more SM and also Rusty Hinge.  I then dipped the right side of the panel into watery Peacock Feathers.  I used another older Grunge Cutting Die (SL-GR-CD26) for the white cutout portion.  


I used the new Sunshine Essentials stamp set for my sentiment (SL-ES-STAMP387).  I just love this sentiment with this flower!  


Before mounting my flower, I partially stamped the Grid Background stamp (SL-ES-STAMP371) over my sponged grid.  I thought it helped the black sentiment to pop more.  I also just love this stamp and how it adds the perfect grunge factor.  I hope these cards have given you some inspiration today and you'll take a look at this gorgeous collection by Studio Light.  xx, Autumn


New Grunge Collection by Studio Light







6 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous cards, Autumn. Sorry I wasn't around much lately, I was in the clinic for 10 weeks and am now happily back home! Hugs, Valerie

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Autumn these are some stunning cards - loving how you have incorporated the added grunge into these, and then dissected your stamp to remove some - you are an amazing artist
Blessings
Maxine

wannabcre8tive said...

All of the cards are exceptionally beautiful. I really like the use of the cheesecloth. Thanks, for sharing these.

Mrs A. said...

Oh No! I was being so good this year too and not buying any goodies but I am just going to have to get this latest Studio Light Stamp. I love all your examples. Hugs ValeryAnne.

Cyndi Landrigan said...

These cards are awesome! I love all of them and the new stamps!!

Gloria L said...

Way to think outside the box! Can I visit your brain?

Popular Posts