Mar 29, 2023

Shabby Chic Cards with Studio Light Ultimate Craft Collection

 

Hi friends!  I'm back today with a set of shabby chic dimensional cards made with the Blooming Butterfly Ultimate Scrap Collection (SL-BB-PS20) by Studio Light.  What a beautiful collection this is!  You get four double-sided patterned papers and two double-sided element sheets.  I used one of the element sheets, which has 12 floral cards, as the focal elements for all four of these cards.  


I used the second elements sheet, which has fussy cutting elements, to add accents to my designs.  I cut everything out and then had a good old time assembling my finished cards.  I finally got around to making some handmade flowers using the Blooming Butterflies Cutting Dies, (SL-BB-CD485) for the pink flowers and (SL-BB-CD483) for the daisies.  


I mixed in adhesive pearls by JMA, some crocheted laces, a couple of die cut pieces from older Grunge Collection sets, (SL-GR-CD26) for the magnolia petals peeking out behind this card and (SL-GR-CD198) for the notebook paper edge.  



I used the Lemonade Paper Pad for my mounting and some of the die cut backgrounds.  This gorgeous lacy die is called Swirl Frame (SL-ES-CD466).  I tore it into sections to use where it worked best with  my designs.  



I added a seam binding bow and wadded up strings for dimension.  



I was so happy with how the handmade flowers turned out.  For the Daisy I spritzed the petals (cut from Bristol) with water then lightly added Squeezed Lemonade Distress Ink in the centers, letting the ink bleed out on the wet petals.  For the pink flowers, I used a combination of watered down Spun Sugar and Worn Lipstick to dip each layer into.  


I curled all of the butterfly wings with my bone folder.




On this one, I added some of my vintage yellow trim, adhered with Studio Light tearable tape.  


I just love making these types of layered cards!  Playing with printed paper is a creative reprieve that I really enjoy from time to time.  This collection was a joy to work with.  I hope the cards brightened your day.  xx, Autumn



Studio Light Papers & Dies







4 comments:

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Autumn, I am loving Studio Light products at the moment and your cards are gorgeous. Wishing you a very happy and creative week. Hugs, Angela xxx

Mrs A. said...

I am in butterfly heaven right now. All these cards are exquisite. Hugs Mrs A.

kiwimeskreations said...

Autumn these are beautiful - what an amazing collection of beautiful cards you have created!!
Blessings
Maxine

Gloria L said...

Stunning! Love the crocheted lace! Just perfect!

Popular Posts