Jan 13, 2023

Studio Light Grunge and Marlene Crazy Birds Slimline Cards


Hi friends!  I've been making a few mini slimline cards over the past few months and decided to share the batch with you today.  I've enjoyed the slightly elongated shape and find these minis are quick and easy to create.  For my first one, I dipped a Bristol panel into Distress Oxides in Cracked Pistachio, Squeezed Lemon, Orange Marmalade and Worn Lipstick.  I carefully bent the paper and dipped just a stripe into the watered inks and used my finger or water spray to blend them lightly.  I used the Romantic Florals stamp set from Art by Marlene's Bold and Bright collection (ABM-BB-STAMP124) to stamp a floral pattern in the same color across each section.  I splattered the inky panel with bright colors of acrylic paint.  Next I used my new favorite stamp, the owl from the Crazy Birds stamp set from the Back to Nature collection (ABM-BTN-STAMP147).  I watercolored him in the same Distress Oxidess with the addition of Wilted Violet, which I also used to color the balloon from an older stamp set (Marlene's World collection A Windy Day (STAMPBM68).



Once I incorporated a balloon into my project I went crazy!  I wanted all of the Crazy Birds to hold balloons!  LOL!  My mom wanted us to recreate a journal page following THIS YouTube tutorial.  It's a good one!  I cut the cloud stencil from sheet plastic for the background and used Distress Inks and Oxides in Salty Ocean, Mermaid Lagoon and Blueprint Sketch.  I made a large panel and used part of it for my journal page and had a strip leftover, which became this card.  The swirl and cloud are also from A Windy Day, accented with a white paint marker.  



My next card is much prettier in person.  I used the flower strip stamp again to stamp a rainbow of Distress Oxides in the same colors as my first card.  I finished with a die cut sentiment and watercolored Wildflowers from the Back to Nature collection ( ABM-BTN-STAMP150).
 


I changed directions with my final card and chose a stamp from the Studio Light Grunge collection (SL-GR-STAMP199).  I watercolored the image and added the stamped circles from another Grunge stamp set (SL-GR-STAMP33).  


I hope these cards have inspired you to get inky today!  xx, Autumn


Studio Light Products Used:








3 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

These are a blast, and I love your bright color choices too.

My name is Erika. said...

These are a riot. I love your bright color choices too.

kiwimeskreations said...

Gorgeous work Autumn - I love those stamps, and I have the Crazy Bird set that you used here - you have inspired me to bet them out and use them again :)
Love your grungy watercoloured backgorunds too
Blessings
Maxine

Popular Posts