Jan 21, 2023

Studio Light Romantic Forest DIY Block Cards


Hi friends!  I'm really excited today to share with you a new to me product, the DIY Blocks by Studio Light.  I received my first and immediately fell in love!  There are 12 pages of precut images (two of six designs) that you can simply punch out and use with no fussy cutting involved!  (I did cut off the tiny two or three perforations on each element, but that's it.)  There are also 20 sheets of double sided paper in the block (10x2).  This DIY Block is called Romantic Forest (SL-ES-DCB38) and is filled with elegant, natural elements.  


For my first card I layered the gorgeous tree canopy over the wooden door to give the feel of a Hobbit hole.  It was such fun!  I added a stack of cakes and champagne for "elevenses," as we know Hobbits love to eat!  ;0



My next card was made on my anniversary.  I took some of the lighter paper with the lanterns hanging down and embossed a Grunge collection Magnolia stamp (SL-GR-STAMP38) in white along the edge and bottom, then added some glimmer mist spray which I allowed to bleed upward.  I used the same spray to color the gorgeous new Blooming Flowers cutting dies from the Blooming Butterflies collection (SL-BB-CD485).  I inked a leaf from the sister die set, Fresh as a Daisy (SL-BB-CD483) to go with it.  I used my flower curling tools to create the shapes and adhered them with Studio Light tacky glue, finishing with a SL adhesive pearl.  


I layered many of the cutout elements together to create this wedding day scene and especially love the contrast the embossing added.  



My final card is for those journalers and readers (me!) lol!  I carefully arranged this little library in the forest scene, or perhaps it's a library filled with beautiful potted plants - you choose!  



I hope these cards give you a sense of what the new DIY Blocks by Studio Light are like.  There are limitless possibilities of arranging these collage elements and I do hope you'll grab a Block and play on your own.  xx, Autumn

Fabulous Studio Light Products:




1 comment:

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fabulous 'block' Autumn, and you have made a trio of stunning cards! Loving each one
Blessings
Maxine

Popular Posts