Jan 28, 2023

Studio Light Steampunk Dreams DIY Block Tag Book

 

Hi everyone!  I'm back with another Mix It Up Mini Zig Zag Journal (ABM-MUC-CD417) by Art by Marlene for Studio Light, which I used HERE in a totally different way.  Yes, it was very bright and very cheery and I've done a 360 by using dark, grungy colors and images this time, LOL!  I'll let you decide which book is best, but I love using products in totally varied ways and getting the most out of my supplies.  And I love BOTH of these little books.  It's also been super fun to get back into making mini books again.  You can see all of my mini albums HERE.  


My inspiration for this book came from the new Steampunk Dreams DIY Block (SL-ES-DCB37) by Studio Light.  I shared my projects using the Romantic Forest DIY Block HERE if you missed it.  As I said, there are 12 pages of precut images (two of six designs) that you can simply punch out and use with no fussy cutting involved!  (I did cut off the tiny two or three perforations on each element, but that's it.)  There are also 20 sheets of double sided paper in the block (10x2).  The Steampunk Dreams images are SO COOL!  I only used a few elements and have zillions left for another project.




I used a combination of Distress Inks in Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain, Ground Espresso and Hickory Smoke with a spritz of water and dipped my die cut tag book (cut from Bristol) into the inks, spraying with water to let the colors flow together.  I stamped loads of Grunge Elements stamps using stamp sets SL-GR-STAMP33 and STAMPSL450.  


I used Studio Light texture paste through portions of Stencil/Mask SL-GR-MASK18 for even more texture.  


I did some white embossing as well.  For the cover, I layered several of the DIY Block cutouts over some dyed cheese cloth and adhered a key and cog from my stash.  


For the rest of my book, I just adhered elements here and there for a collage look.  


It was great fun and very relaxing.  I hope you've enjoyed this project and will check out the new DIY Blocks and Grunge stamps by Studio Light.  And if you haven't snagged your Zig Zag Tag Book die cut set, you need to grab it fast because they are selling out quickly.  Big hugs, Autumn








3 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

This is amazing Autumn - I really can't choose which mini book I like the most as they are so very different!
Blessings
Maxine

Valerie-Jael said...

Absolutely fabulous, Autumn! Love the colours and designs. Sorry I'm not around much, I'm atill in the clinic and don't have so much time. Hugs, Valerie

Gloria L said...

Great fun indeed! This is so wonderful, beyond words, with all the grunge and brown colors that I adore. You are a lucky girl, they are lucky to have you.

Popular Posts