Apr 12, 2023

Darkroom Door Mail Art Tag Book and Embossing Resist Card

 


Hi friends!  I'm excited today to share part two of my samples for the spring Darkroom Door Stamps release.  If you missed part one, click HERE.  I'll be sharing part three soon, so make sure to become a follower or sign up for posts by email in my sidebar.  :)  For my first project, I focused on the fabulous new Snail Mail stamp.  What a cool stamp for collage, bullet journals and mail art!  I decided to create a mail art themed tag book.  



I scored a piece of Bristol and snipped the top corners to make a trifold tag.  I dipped the tag in Fired Brick and Vintage Photo Distress Inks.  I stamped the new Small Vintage Label stamp across the front two tags to create a continuous feel, then used the collage elements from the Vintage Office stamp set all around.  What a great set this is and it works perfectly with the Snail Mail stamp.  


I used a little bit of book page to stamp some of the elements onto, then added some Global Postmarks, overlapping some authentic postage stamps from my collection.  


To finish and create more contrast, I stamped the Snail Mail and "mail art" portions of the stamp onto black and embossed in Ranger's Antique Pearl EP.  I added punched hole reinforcers and twine and used a tiny Ideaology clip as a closure for the tag book.  I really enjoyed doing this project.  It didn't take very long, and is a little bit different than the usual stamped card.  I hope you'll be inspired to make one of your own!



My next card is equally grungy, but has a totally different feel.  I focused on the new Small Vintage Label stamp and used it as a frame to highlight my sentiment.  


The sentiment is from the Birthday Greetings stamp set, an absolute must have!  I use this set all the time and love the beautifully combined fonts.  At the top of the label, I stamped the new This Way (arrows) stamp onto a piece of tissue, cut it to size and adhered it with a glue stick, a faux washi tape if you will.  


For my background I tried Tami B's iron-off embossing technique and just loved it!  First, I made an inky background with Antique Linen, Frayed Burlap and a touch of Vintage Photo - nice and grungy but light.  Next I stamped the Numbers Background stamp in Versamark embossing ink and clear embossed.  Then I dipped my panel into Uncharted Mariner Distress Ink, following with Faded Jeans, Antique Linen and Black Soot Distress Oxide, drying on low heat between colors.  When I was pleased with the colors, I sandwiched my panel between copy paper and used my clothes iron to heat up the embossing powder.  It melts into the opposing copy paper.  The finished panel has no shiny embossing, nice and grungy.  I hope you've enjoyed these projects today and will take a look at the new stamps now available at DarkroomDoor.com.  

3 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh what fabulous projects Autumn - loving that blue grungy card in particular!
Wonderful colours and textures on the mini tag book too. What a fabulous release you are showcasing!
Blessings
Maxine

Gloria L said...

Awesome techniques in this post - love the birthday card! Look at that awesome "hand" you found!

Kathi said...

Both projects are gorgeous. So glad I don't have to choose a favorite, though I will have to choose which stamps to purchase first.

Popular Posts