Apr 26, 2023

Studio Light Lemons and Bees Watercolored Cards

 

Hi friends!  Today I have a couple of bright and cheery cards to share with you featuring the latest Essential stamp release by Studio Light.  I just sat down to play with no idea in mind and am so happy with how this first card turned out.  I started by dipping my Bristol panel into watery Distress Inks in Squeezed Lemon and Mustard Seed.  Once I had a grungy background, I sponged Mustard Seed through part one of the new Leaf Pattern Mask (SL-ES-MASK178) then followed with Vintage Photo in part two.  I used the incredible Studio Light Ink Blending Brushes, which come in different sizes for getting just the right amount of ink where needed.  


Next I had a lovely time watercoloring the new Lemon Squeezy stamp (SL-ES-STAMP427).  What a great image!  I used Twisted Citron and Peeled Paint Distress Ink for the leaves and Antique Linen for the flowers.  


I finished by stamping the Easy Peasy sentiment - fun!  



I really got in the watercolor mood and stamped the new Honey Bees stamp (SL-ES-STAMP425) onto another Bristol panel and then colored away!  I used Distress Inks in Saltwater Taffy, Dried Marigold, Mustard Seed, and Bundled Sage.  I used Distress Markers in Black Soot and Walnut Stain to color the bee's body.  I went back over the honey comb in the background with a Wild Honey Marker.  


I finished by mounting one of the bees, which I fussy cut very carefully!  He looks so good with the dimension, as if he's flying.  The sentiment is from JMA Sentiments & Wishes (JMA-ES-STAMP340).  This stamp is so much fun to work with!  I can't wait to make a square card next time!  


Studio Light Essentials:




3 comments:

Marjan said...

Wow, LOVE both cards, so beautiful!!

Marlies said...

beautiful bright and cheerful cards. Marlies

kiwimeskreations said...

Gorgeous cards Autumn - loving them both, but particularly the bees!
Blessings
Maxine

Popular Posts