Apr 3, 2023

Studio Light Grungy Butterfly & Lightbulb Mixed Media Tag


 Hi everyone!  Today I've got a really fun project to share with you!  I love creating really grungy mixed media and had such fun making this tag!  I started by cutting a Bristol panel using the notebook paper edge cutting dies (SL-GR-CD198).  I then embossed the Crocus Flower stamp (SL-GR-STAMP392) on the top left in Vintage Pearl EP.  I then used Distress Ink in Uncharted Mariner to color closely to the flowers and lightbulbs and dipped the rest of the panel in the same inks, careful not to overlap the flowers.  I then dipped into watery Ground Espresso, Faded Jeans and Iced Spruce Distress Oxides (drying between layers). to get more color variation.  Finally, I colored the lightbulbs with Fossilized Amber and the Crocuses with Vintage Photo.  I stamped some of the butterfly silhouettes at the top right and bottom left corner, adding in the Flowers & Butterflies stamp set (SL-GR-STAMP397), embossing the twig on the bottom right in more VP EP.  My base was complete!  I simply cut the panel shorter and cut the top into a tag shape.  


I used a rusty washer I found on the sidewalk as my tag topper.  Ha ha!  :)  Now to add some dimension!  I stamped a couple more lightbulbs and the butterflies from the Butterflies set (SL-GR-STAMP399) and colored and cut them, curling the wings and mounting for dimension.


I layered them over a piece of dyed cheesecloth and two of the number dies from the Numbers & Flowers Cutting Dies (SL-GR-CD503), which I embossed in Stampendous Frantage EP in a pretty navy blue color.  


I used the "you are my sunshine" stamp from the Sunshine stamp set (SL-ES-STAMP387) and used the Studio Light Stencil Tape to mask off the top and bottom words so it just said "sunshine."  I inked with embossing ink and removed the tape, then stamped onto the cut off strip from the bottom of my tag panel.  Then I used an embossing pen to write the words "make your own" and embossed.  I put the piece back in my die cut machine and cut an opposing torn book paper edge.  


I just love how these grungy layers came together and hope this tag makes you smile today!  


Studio Light Stamps & Dies







2 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

This is amazing Autumn - love all the layers and the stunning colours in the background, and the fabulous detail of the lightbulb butterfly 'body'.
Blessings
Maxine

Joan said...

Oh such a fabulous tag ! I love what you do with the Studio light stamps

Popular Posts