Apr 7, 2023

Studio Light Cutting Edge Dies

Hi again!  I'm back today to share a couple of projects using the very unique on the edge cutting dies by Studio Light.  I've never seen another company with dies quite like these!  Studio Light creates lots of layered die sets with several matting dies that coordinate with their unique "distressed" edges.  But these dies go a step further and have a dimensional arm, which can be folded inward or left extended.  Personally, I think the extended variation is a lot of fun.  For my first card I used the Grunge Butterfly Card Cutting Dies (SL-GR-CD500).

I watercolored the butterfly die cut layer with a rainbow of Distress Inks using Worn Lipstick, Spiced Marmalade, Squeezed Lemonade, Mowed Grass, Tumbled Glass and Wilted Violet.  Along the seam, I stamped the pretty little sentiment line from the Spring Crafts stamp set (SL-GR-STAMP398).  For the center panel, I dipped a Bristol panel in the same watered inks in sections.  I repeated when necessary to get more vibrant colors.  I then stamped the Floral Butterfly stamp (SL-GR-STAMP402) and restamped the butterfly wings on a second panel and fussy cut, then curled the wings using my bone folder and mounted for dimension.  



For my second card, I went in a much softer direction.  I decided to white emboss all of the images from the Spring Crafts stamp set (SL-GR-STAMP398) onto the central die cut.  I colored with Vintage Photo, Squeezed Lemonade and a purple markers.  I layered over the cut out Floral Card (SL-GR-CD501) and added a little bit of yellow in the center of each flower cutout.  


I stamped my sentiment from the Celebration stamp set (SL-ES-STAMP388) and layered over torn crocheted lace, a loopy bow and added a handmade daisy from the Fresh as a Daisy Cutting Dies from the Blooming Butterfly Collection (SL-BB-CD483).  


I really love these beautiful bulbs and the soft colors for spring.  I hope you've enjoyed seeing these products in action and will take a look at the new Grunge Collection by Studio Light.  xx, Autumn


 Studio Light Grunge Cutting Dies






2 comments:

Gloria L said...

You sure have been busy! Love all the 3D elements.

kiwimeskreations said...

What wonderful cards Autumn - loving those die cuts and how you have used them!
Blessings
Maxine

Popular Posts