Apr 5, 2023

Studio Light Grunge Die Cut Accordion Butterfly Book

 

Hi friends!  I'm so excited today to share a fun new project with you featuring the brand new Book Gift Box Cutting Dies (SL-ES-CD497) by Studio Light.  This is such a neat concept of a die set, because it comes with a book cover and box insert, with layers and layers of matting dies for maximum use.  I decided to use the dies to create an accordion book within the cover, omitting the box insert all together.  

I cut the inner sections of the layers to give me six focal pages from Bristol (one for the cover, one for the front of the accordion and four for the folded out accordion). I used the two larger sizes to cut mats from the gorgeous new Lagoon Waves Essential Paper Pad (SL-ES-PP89), which has 36 sheets of 18 dual colored 250 GSM card in beautiful blues, browns and neutrals.  


For the accordion, I cut a kraft panel to 4 7/16 x 11" and scored at 2 3/4, 5 1/2 and 8 1/4".  On the opening page I stamped half of the Floral Butterflies stamp (SL-GR-STAMP402).  I used Distress Inks to watercolor the stamped pages in Vintage Photo, Cracked Pistachio, Peacock Feathers, Antique Linen, Scattered Straw and Bundled Sage.


For the next set of pages I stamped the Lily of the Valley (SL-GR-STAMP395) and Bluebell Flower (SL-GR-STAMP391).  For the last set of pages I stamped the Primula Branch (SL-GR-STAMP393) and the Butterflies stamp (SL-GR-STAMP399).  


On my cover I stamped the other half of the Floral Butterflies stamp (SL-GR-STAMP402).  I stamped a second butterfly wings and fussy cut them, curling the wings and mounting for dimension.  The word came from the Butterflies stamp (SL-GR-STAMP399).  I finished with a silk ribbon closure, mounted beneath my focal layers.  I'm just so happy with this Book Gift Box die set and know that I will be making many many stamped books of this style in the foreseeable.  xx


Studio Light Dies & Grunge Collection Stamps








2 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Autumn this is exquisite - love your colours and the how you have repeated them throughout this wee book - loving the images and how you have used them.
Blessings
Maxine

Pam Sparks said...

This is so neat! I love it Autumn!

Popular Posts