Apr 28, 2023

Studio Light Floral Seashell Card & Jellyfish Tag


Hi again sweet friends!  I'm back with round two of my cards from the latest Studio Light Essential stamp release.  Today I'm focusing on the seashells from this release.  My first card was really a lot of fun to make.  This card features the Flower Stories stamp (SL-ES-STAMP426).  


To create this fun beachy background, I dipped the top portion of my card in watery Distress Ink in Tumbled Glass and the bottom portion in watery Vintage Photo.  I dried between each layer, splashing the same inks over and over to get the look of waves crashing on the shore.  Finally I splashed with watery gesso.  Along the top, I stamped the gorgeous scripture from the Bible Journaling stamp by JMA (JMA-IP-STAMP278).  I fussy cut the watercolored floral shell.  I used Victorian Velvet for the flowers.  



For my next project, I decided to play with my Lindy's Magicals (powdered pigments).  I cut a tag from Bristol and embossed the jellyfish stamp, Flower Squid (SL-ES-STAMP429) in white.  I used the a tiny amount of the pigment and lots of water to color the image.  


I love the pearlescent look of the Magicals!  I gave the panel a splash of gesso and stamped the focal sentiment in Versafine black.  I finished with a sari ribbon bow and mounted the tag onto chipboard for stability.  


For those of you that love the beach, this Essential stamp collection is for you!  ;0  I hope these projects have inspired you today.  Make sure to check out my first post HERE for more inspiration.  xx, Autumn


Studio Light Essentials: 



2 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Autumn these are such a delight to behold, especially the card with that fabulous font on the scripture. Loving the rich colours on the tag
Blessings
Maxine

Gloria L said...

Kind of like Mica sprays! Awesome!

Popular Posts