Apr 25, 2023

Studio Light Simple Paper Fold Mini Album Tutorial

 

Hi everyone!  I've been spending lots of time in my studio as you may have noticed!  I've been playing with the beautiful Spring Grunge Ultimate Scrap Collection (SL-USC-PS24) by Studio Light.  This paper is sooooo pretty and has 2x2 sheets of fussy cut elements with lots of floral and butterfly images.  I loved both sides of the paper and decided to create a simple folded mini album to showcase both sides.

Here's the simple construction:  First, I chose one of the blue shades of paper and cut it 5.5” high x 11 11/16".  Next, I scored at 3 7/8, 4, 7 3/4 and 8".  


To create the closure, I stitched some yellow sari ribbon in place with zig zag stitching to add to the collage feel of the album.  


I used the journaling cards to create little pull outs.  Here I tore two pieces of the USC paper one going one way and the other going the other way to create two little pockets.  I used Blooming Flowers Cutting Dies (SL-BB-CD485), which I tinted with watercolor.  I stamped the butterfly postage from the Spring Crafts Grunge stamp set (SL-GR-STAMP398) in a Uncharted Mariner Distress Ink at the top. 



I was excited to incorporate the Blooming Butterfly Vellum Sheets (SL-BB-VES03) into this project, though they were designed to coordinate with the BB USC.  I picked the thin white stripes vellum and used it to create even more pockets, adding some fussy cut elements into the collage.  



Here I added the vellum over a torn music sheet and layered with torn crocheted lace and a sentiment from the Celebrations stamp set (SL-ES-STAMP388).  



And finally a closeup of the cover.  I layered a handmade flower from the Fresh as a Daisy Cutting Dies (SL-BB-CD483) over a lace border from the JMA Lace Border Cutting Dies Set (JMA-FOF-CD515).  I stamped a title with the Celebrations stamp set and the "sunshine" from the JMA Sentiments & Wishes (JMA-ES-STAMP340).  I'll share a flip through on my Instagram account @sewpaperpaint.  I really hope you've enjoyed this little mini book and will give it a go with your favorite papers.  xx, Autumn

Studio Light Products Used:






3 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

WOW Autumn, this is stunning - loving all the layers and details you have incorporated into this one beautiful wee book
Blessings
Maxine

Marlies said...

A gorgeous mini album Autumn. Beautiful made. Marlies

Gloria L said...

Lots of loveliness!

Popular Posts