Apr 30, 2023

Darkroom Door Domes, Gathered Flowers & Moroccan Tile


Hello everyone!  I'm back with part three of my samples from the spring Darkroom Door stamp release.  If you missed them, check out post one HERE and post two HERE.  My first card features the adorable Small Glass Dome Eclectic Stamp.  I shared a card with the larger Glass Dome stamp HERE, but the smaller size is just so cute and works great with standard sized cards.

I was delighted to fill the dome with stems from the new Gathered Flowers stamp set.  First, I stamped the Small Glass Dome and dipped it in watery Antique Linen Distress Ink and colored the base with Gathered Twigs.  Then I stamped the flowers with Antique Mahogany and Peeled Paint, spritzing the stamps for a watercolor effect.  For the background, I dipped the panel in watery Aged Mahogany and stamped the bottom half with the new Moroccan Tile Background Stamp.  I layered with a folded doily and seam binding dyed to match and finished with a sentiment strip stamped with the Enjoy Today Small Stamp.




My next card is a simple one.  I dipped my background panel in a Antique Linen and then stamped Enjoy Today at the center.  Then I stamped the stems from the Gathered Flowers repeatedly around the edges of the card using Distress Inks in Evergreen Bough, Peacock Feathers and Peeled Paint.  




For my final card I embossed the Moroccan Tiles in white and added some watery Distress Oxides in Shaded Lilac, Tumbled Glass and Worn Lipstick.  I dipped a panel for the sentiment from Enjoy Today in the same inks.  


I die cut an oval for contrast and added the Cupcake Eclectic Stamp over a seam binding bow.  I used Antique Linen for the cake portion.  I love just how versatile this background stamp is!  I really hope these cards have inspired you today.  xx, Autumn



4 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

These cards are beautiful Autumn - love them, and your soft backgrounds are beautiful. I don't know about inspiring me, maybe enabling me (to blow the budget) with these fabulous stamps...
Blessings
Maxine

Mrs A. said...

Your dome glass card is so pretty. I like the effect you have created to get the water colour look. Hugs Mrs A.

Joan said...

Beautiful cards, I love the glass dome ones and the backgrounds are so lovely

Gloria L said...

Autumn, you sure can color!

Popular Posts